31.3.10

I hate Solder Bridges





Well, I took a day off to work on the gun. I soldered the transmitter and almost all of the receiver. Pics above of my work. Took a lot longer than I thought, particularly when I spent a minute clearing solder bridges for every minute of soldering!

I discovered that the transmitter board and battery won't fit in the project box I bought. Shopping opportunity!

I quit, and when to Ax-Man. I found enclosures to hold the caps and circuit boards, but not the transmitter.

Over the weekend, at the KBC (Keweenaw Brewing Company http://www.keweenawbrewing.com/ ) I was fortunate enough the engage 3 Michigan Tech Physics majors in a discussion of coil guns and Gauss guns. I now know what I am building is NOT a Gauss Gun, as it does not use permanent and electro- magnets.

A wonderful, wasted day!

No comments:

Post a Comment